If this is your first time coming here, my name is Malik. I'm a full stack engineer, and I make YouTube videos for fun.
This blog was one slippery slope to create.
Attempting to build the blog system was approached in this order:
- Building it with pure React and Webpack (ew)
- Storing all my posts in a database (ew, but less ew)
- Finding a headless CMS (think Wordpress) to host all my content and pull the post information from an API. (thank god)
The best part of this new solution is that it's super scalable. AND IT'S FREE.
I'm totally going to make a tutorial on how to do it in the near future.
Just so you know, I plan to talk about a bunch of different stuff on this blog:
- Tutorials on cool projects I've built in React
- My opinions on my favorite books related to entrepreneurship and tech
- Summaries of my favorite tech YouTube videos I've watched over a month
- My relevant YouTube videos
- How to approach job interviews
- Cool tech services/resources I think you should check out
And so much more. I'm so pumped to start creating content for this blog. I'll also hopefully be cross-posting these blog posts on Medium, and if I think they're really good I may share them other places as well!
See you in the next post.